It’s Movember, the month formerly known as November, now dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men’s health; specifically prostate and testicular cancer. I’m donating my top lip to the cause for 30 days in an effort to help change the face of men’s health. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancer’s affecting men.
Why am I concerned about men’s health?
- 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
- This year 37,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
- 26% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women
I invite you to support me by donating to my page of the Mo http://mobro.co/RogerMayne
Funds raised will help make a tangible difference to the lives of others. Through the Movember Foundation and our men’s health partners, The Prostate Cancer Charity and The Institute of Cancer Research, Movember is funding world class awareness, research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.
For more details on how the funds raised from previous campaigns have been used and the impact Movember is having please click on the links below:
- About Movember
- Prostate cancer genome mapping
- Prostate Cancer Foundation research
- Global Action Plan
Thank you in advance for helping me change the face of men’s health.